- 40 Vpp maximum output voltage into open circuit
- 20 Vpp maximum output voltage into 50 Ohm load
The GX1222 is a 3U single-slot, PXI-based wideband power amplifier used for signal amplification purposes. Offering excellent fidelity, the GX1222 amplifies signals from DC to over 20 MHz with a fixed gain of x10. Custom gains are also available without compromising signal purity and amplifier performance.
On-board DC-DC converters and custom components allow the GX1222 to amplify signals to levels far above standard PXI voltage rails. The GX1222 can amplify input signals to an output of 40 VPP
into a high impedance load, or 20 VPP
into a 50 Ω load.
The GX1222 can be configured with floating input and output connections allowing the amplifier to float up to 250 VDC above ground. The only limiting factor is that both the input and output grounds must connect to the same potential. This capability is very beneficial in applications where the amplifying device should reside at the same ground potential as its source. The floating capability can be added or removed using a simple, user-accessible jumper connection.
The GX1222 requires only power from the PXIbus. No software driver is required to control the module.
The GX1222 is available in numerous configurations according to the application’s requirements. The following factory-set options are available (numbers in parentheses represent the standard configuration):
- Input Impedance: 50 Ω or 1 MΩ (50 Ω)
- Output Impedance: 50 Ω, 75 Ω, or 600 Ω (50 Ω)
- Output Polarity: Normal or Inverted (Inverted)
- Signal Ground: Tied to Ground or Floating (Tied to Ground)
The Signal Ground option is user-selectable via jumpers; all other options must be specified at the time the GX1222 is ordered.
- Automatic Test Equipment (ATE)
- GP1616H Series - Programmable Signal Source / Function Generator - HP 8116A Compatible
- GP1650W - Arbitrary Waveform Generator - Wavetek 175 compatible
- GP1665H - Programmable Signal Source/Function Generator - HP 8165A Compatible
- GP1665W - Programmable 50 MHz Waveform Synthesizer - Wavetek 178 Compatible
- GX1110 - Arbitrary Waveform Function Generator PXI Card
- GX1200 Series - Arbitrary Function Generator PXI Card
- GX1642 - Analog Output PXI Card
- GX1648 - Analog Output PXI Card
- GX1649 - Analog Output/Arbitrary Waveform Generator PXI Card
- GX1838 Series - Precision Multifunction DC Source PXI Card
- GX3348 - 6U PXI Multi-Channel Analog I/O PXI Card